Qualcomm is the company that manufactures Snapdragon chipsets which powers the smartphones. We’ve seen it powering many flagships out there. Snapdragon is known for its high performance and low power consumption. Recently Qualcomm stated that it is collaborating with Microsoft and now, HP revealed their Snapdragon 835 powered laptop- HP Envy X2.
The Laptop looks very similar to other 2 in 1 laptops, but the difference stays underneath in the processor. HP Envy X2 is powered by Snapdragon 835 which we have seen powering many flagships smartphones. We know how powerful the Snapdragon chip is, so this is what that differs HP Envy X2 from the traditional laptops.
- Snapdragon 835 processor: HP Envy X2 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest chip- Snapdragon 835.
- 20 hours battery life: This is the major highlight of this laptop. Snapdragon chipset is known for high performance with low power usage. We always had issues with the battery life in laptops and now, with the introduction of Snapdragon into laptops, this must be the end of it. HP promises 20 hours battery life in Envy X2.
- Instant on: Just like your smartphones, this laptop will turn on instantly even after being on standby for hours. Unlike other laptops, Envy X2 will never hibernate which enable instant-on just like your smartphone.
- Always connected: The PCs will be always connected, thanks to the integrated LTE bands inside the Snapdragon 835 SoC, so now you don’t want to hunt for a wifi. Just like your smartphone, this laptop will be connected to the internet even when it is sleeping, so you will receive notifications even if the laptop is in sleep mode.
- 12.3-inch WUXGA+ display 1920 x 1280 resolution.
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB of storage
- detachable keyboard
- preinstalled windows 10s which can be upgraded to windows 10 pro for free.
- Snapdragon 835 processor
- 13Mp rear camera and 5Mp front camera.
- a microSD card slot